PASTOR SEARCH – New Hope Baptist Church, a small community church in Kinston, North Carolina, is seeking a part-time, bi-vocational pastor to grow with the church in reaching our goal of the position becoming full-time. New Hope is a Southern Baptist Church and would love to find a candidate who has some pastoral experience in a church of at least a similar size (attendance 30-50 over the past year). He would possess strong expository preaching and pastoral ministry skills. In our community, a heart for youth outreach, a love for people inside as well as outside of the church, and for visitation is essential. A servant’s heart, and experience in congregational ministry including teaching and modeling discipleship is desired. An accredited seminary or divinity school degree is preferred. Resumes can be emailed to - NewHopeBaptistChurchPSC@yahoo.com or by USPS – New Hope Baptist Church, Pastor Search Committee, PO Box 5, Deep Run, NC 28525. Resumes will be considered until October 31, 2023.
MINISTER OF YOUTH JOB DESCRIPTION/PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
JOB TITLE: Bi-vocational Minister of Youth and Children
JOB DESCRIPTION: The primary purpose of the Youth Minister is to introduce young people to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth; to train them in serving Christ with their life. Of equal importance is to assist parents or guardians in guiding their children and youth to a personal relationship with the Lord. Finally, the Youth Minister should lead and support volunteer children and youth workers.
- Must be a born-again believer with a maturing relationship with Christ.
- Must show a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in 1Tim.3.
- Must have a strong desire to serve God.
- Must have knowledge and skill in the philosophy, psychology and principles of Christian education.
- Must demonstrate a genuine love and maintain a good rapport with young people.
- Must demonstrate awareness of the uniqueness of being a teenager.
- Must be able to teach, train, and disciple youth workers.
- Must become a member of Madison Avenue Baptist Church.
- Must be able to exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker.
- Must possess organizational and administration abilities.
- Must be able to respond to changing needs throughout the daily and weekly schedule.
- A college graduate or current student pursuing a degree related to youth/children ministry.
- Experience preferred in an established successful youth program
SUPERVISION: Work under the supervision of the Senior Pastor
- Involve the Youth and Children’s Committee in planning, developing, and implementing programs and activities, and enlisting adult volunteers as needed to implement programs.
- Develop and direct ministries that will foster the spiritual, emotional, and social needs of children and youth.
- Work through and strengthen our existing youth and children’s programs including Sunday School, Discipleship Training, Missions, and Music.
- Encourage the involvement of youth and children in worship and outreach.
- Schedule meetings and events at times that are most advantageous to the greatest number of youth, children, and adult volunteers, considering the various other meetings and activities of the church.
- Develop rapport and maintain appropriate relationships with youth and children
- Work with and communicate regularly with the parents of youth and children.
- To the extent that time and schedule will permit, be available to counsel youth, children, their parents, and leaders.
Spilman Memorial is accepting applications for a Music Director to lead our traditional church music program.
This person needs to be able to play the piano and/or organ.
The church currently has Sunday morning worship and weekly choir practices.
For more information or to submit a resume and letter of interest, please send an Email.